Inversion tables are used to perform inversion therapy that helps in the treatment of back pain. Inversion therapy essentially takes the gravitational pressure off from the nerve roots and discs in your spine. It also increases the space between your vertebrae. It is important that you buy a machine with ideal balance settings, sturdy body, and stabilizers. We have reviewed the latest models of best inversion tables in 2017 to help you decide the ideal equipment for your back.
|Price||Click here to check the lowest price for Ironman Gravity 4000 Inversion Table|
|Pros||Great price, most purchased table, ankle lock system, sturdy, lumbar pillow|
|Cons||Bulky, storage is an issue|
|Final verdict||Gravity 4000 is one of the best inversion table in the market. Many users have reported relief from symptoms of back pains and slip disc. It costs almost half of what its other contemporaries cost.|
Ironman Gravity 4000 is one of the highest rated inversion table in the market. It is a successor to Gravity 1000 and Gravity 2000. The table is made of powder-coated tubular steel frame and memory foam nylon backrest. The tubular steel frame helps it withstand a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs. A lot of users of this table have reported relief from slip disc symptoms and back pain. The table has ergonomically designed ankle cushions that help reduce the fatigue and discomfort you might experience. The lumbar pillow provides extra support to lower back.
- Height: 65 inches
- Width: 26 inches
- Length: 49 inches
- Weight: 76 lbs
Why we love the Ironman Gravity 4000?
- Safety: Ironman Gravity 4000 is a rock solid and a herculean equipment which provides for a stable as well as safe workout. As the bed is very wide, you are assured that your fingers will not get pinched between the frame and the bed.
- Backrest: The memory foam covered, wide vinyl backrest provides for a great back support. Taking into account reviews of previous models like Gravity 1000, Gravity 2000 and Gravity 3000, Ironman Fitness has added a lumbar pillow in Gravity 4000. This provides your lumbar curve excellent support and stability. The pillow can be removed any time you wish, as it is attached by a Velcro.
- Assembly: Most users take less than 2 hours to assemble the table completely. The table comes with a user manual with the directions of assembly.
- Ankle lock: The table uses adjusting ratchet ankle locking system. The ergonomically molded ankle cushion keeps you safe and comfortable.
- Handles: The table has extra-long foamed safety handles that help you come back to the upright position after you have completed your therapy without causing any unnecessary strain to your back. You can grasp the handles to stop the inversion at any point and pull back up.
- Body: Gravity 4000 has a maximum weight capacity of 350 lbs, way more than most tables in the market. The non-skid rubber floor stabilizers make sure that you can use the table without worrying about it slipping. The U-shaped frame is fitted with rubber stabilizers in the corner.
- Adjustments: You can adjust the inversion range of the table in 3 variations.
Why it’s not the best buy
- Storage: The table is bulky, you can’t store it under the bed very easily even after folding it. You can try to store it in 2 parts by removing the bench from the frame, but this takes up a lot of effort and time.
- Instruction manual: The table doesn’t come with any sort of instructional DVD to help you with the assembly.
- It gives a head to head competition to its contemporary Teeter EP 960, which has similar features but is double the price. There are hardly any major drawbacks in this table. The materials used and affordable pricing makes it one of the most purchased inversion table in the market.
|Manufacturer||Innova Health and Fitness|
|Price||Click here to check the lowest price for Innova Fitness ITX9600 Inversion Table|
|Pros||Great price, New 5 position adjustable safety pin, 300lbs weight capacity, padded backrest|
|Cons||Doesn’t have fancy features like workout guides and acupressure modules, cannot be folded completely|
|Final verdict||Even with low pricing, this inversion table is not compromised on quality. It is hands down the best inversion table in its price range.|
Innova Fitness ITX9600 is one of the least priced inversion tables in the market. The table can accommodate a user between the height 4’10” to 6’6” and a maximum weight of 300lbs. Even though the product is not expensive, there is no compromise on quality. It is made of a heavy gauge steel frame. The table has a fully padded, extra-long and wide backrest support that provides for great comfort and stability. The table has replaced the usual old style strap with its 5 position side inversion pin. With its higher weight capacity and improved cushioning, this table is a successor to the ITX9300. A lot of users have reported relief from pain and stiffness in the back, and improvement in posture.
- Height: 63 inches
- Width: 28 inches
- Length: 46 inches
- Weight: 52 lbs
Why we love the Innova Fitness ITX9600?
- Price: Due to the heavy gauge steel used in this table, it can last for years. It is one of the most affordable quality tables in the market right now.
- Weight capacity: The weight capacity of a table indicates the strength of its frame. The table has a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs (50lbs increase from the ITX9300 model) which is way higher than the usual 200 lbs capacity. The table can accommodate a wide range of users between the heights 4’10” to 6’6” just like its contemporaries in Ironman’s top selling Gravity collection.
- Quality: The table has got a lot of positive reviews due to its sturdiness and durability. It is a heavy duty equipment using heavy gauge steel for the frame. The table comes with a one year warranty from the manufacturer. The padded backrest is extra-long and wide that makes it stable while in use.
- Comfort: The table has thick foam rollers on the ankle and the foot support that makes the inversion easy and comfortable. The non-slip handles are covered with soft-touch foam that helps in inverting and returning to the upright position. The true balance system of the table makes it very easy to invert.
- New inversion pin: The latest model of ITX9600 uses a 5 position side inversion pin which makes varying degrees of inversion easy. You simply have to position the pin in your desired decline position. The 5 position side inversion pin ensures that your inversion position is safe, consistent and comfortable every time. It also prevents any slipping that could happen with old school safety strap models.
- Assembly: The table comes with all the tools you will require to assemble it. It takes round about 1 hour to assemble the table completely.
- Storage: The table is comparatively lighter than a lot of contemporaries like Gravity 2000 (weighing 75 lbs), which makes it easier to move and fold. You can simply remove the lock pin on the side frame to bring the two U-shaped parts together.
Why it’s not the best buy
- This table is not a fancy, fully featured inversion table. It does not come with massage options, heat accessory, workout DVDS and acupressure modules. This is a typical trade-off with low-end tables.
- The table cannot be folded completely flat, hence you will need some extra storage space when not in use. There is no locking pin to keep the frame together after you have folded it. You will mostly end up keeping it flat on the ground or lean against a wall.
- If you are looking for a durable and in budget inversion table then Innova Fitness is your best buy. The company has taken reviews from previous versions into account and added various upgrade features like the increase in weight capacity.
|Price||Click here to check the lowest price for Teeter EP-960 Inversion Table|
|Pros||EZ-Stretch Traction handles for various decompression and stretching, Triple lock secured EZ-Reach Ankle System, EZ-Angle Tether for complete rotational control|
|Cons||High price, bulky|
|Final verdict||Teeter is the industry leader when it comes to premium inversion tables. EP-960 is one of the best choices out there primarily due to its EZ-Reach Ankle System that reduces the need to bend when securing the ankle support. With a weight capacity of 300 lbs and height range of 4’8 to 6’6 it can be used by a variety of users.|
Teeter hang ups have dominated the above $300 dollar market with its various models. It is a natural successor to EP-950. EP-960 is one of the best choices out there primarily due to its EZ-Reach Ankle System. Other than using this table for relief from back pain, you can also use it to perform core muscle strengthen exercises. The bed of this table has been designed in a way that it can accommodate the Lumbar Bridge as well as adjustable Acupressure Nodes accessories. Teeter EP-960 is FDA cleared inversion table for back pain, muscle tension, and other several other back related issues.
- Height: 84 inches
- Width: 29 inches
- Length: 60 inches
- Weight: 65 lbs
Why we love the Teeter EP-960 Inversion Table?
- Handles: The EZ-Stretch Traction handles add various decompression and stretching options as they help you perform a variety of stretching exercises easily. The newly added large Stretch Max handles give support and assistance when you are inverting or getting back to the upright position. This also helps you control the rotation.
- Ankle System and Support: The triple lock secured EZ-Reach Ankle System reduces the need to bend when securing the ankle support due to its extended handle. This allows the users to lock the ankles quickly by simply reaching down to their shin. The Ergo-Embrace Supports help distribute the weight evenly around the feet and the heels. These are one of the most comfortable ankle support clamps in the market.
- Comfortrak Bed: The Contoured bed has been redesigned and now has 2 pieces that fold together. It flexes with the user giving a comfortable experience by reducing the pressure on the back. While the smooth surface promotes the body slide to optimize back pain relief and decompression. The bed accommodates the lumbar bridge and Acupressure Nodes accessories. The bed provides for a greater range of stretching and motion options. The table comes with removable head pillow whose placement can be adjusted.
- EZ-Angle Tether: The EZ-Angle Tether gives the user complete rotational control. The table has preset angle markings at 20, 40, and 60 degrees which can be changed by the user with the help of EZ Angle Tether Strap.
- Warranty: The table comes with full 5-year warranty which is way higher than most of its contemporaries in the market.
- Storage: One of the best things about this table is that no disassembly is required to fold the table for storage.
- Assembly: The table comes with a step by step video for assembly instructions and an additional 5 healthy back routines DVD. The machine is 85% pre-assembled. Most users take under 30 minutes to completely assemble the machine. You can also use the TeeterLink app to access 3D assembly instructions. The app also gives you customized guidance, reminders track usage and pain levels.
Why it’s not the best buy
- It is premium priced equipment, it is only worth the investment if you are serious about its usage.
- A lot of users feel that this equipment is bulky due to its heavy weight, but it is only a natural tradeoff for rock solid and sturdy body.
- Teeter has rightly dominated and revolutionized the inversion table market in the past 30 years. The EP-960 is without a doubt one of the most premium tables in the market. The table with its sturdy body and complete rotational control provides a great user experience. With a weight capacity of 300 lbs and height range of 4’8” to 6’6” it is the top equipment choice in its price range for a wide range of users.
|Price||Click here to check the lowest price for Exerpeutic Stretch 300 Inversion Table|
|Pros||Extra-long handles, affordable price, vinyl covered backrest|
|Cons||Discomforting ankle holder|
|Final verdict||Exerpeutic has again lived up to its market goodwill of building tables that redefine strength and stability way more than what one should expect in this price range. Exerpeutic 300 is a great buy for its price due the stability, comfort, and durability it assures its users.|
The Exerpeutic Stretch 300 is a sturdy invasion table with a 1.5” square heavy duty steel frame. The frame is also covered with scratch resistant powder that equips the table to last longer. The table has long safety handles that help the users to return to the upright position comfortably. Exerpeutic has again lived up to its market goodwill of building tables that redefine strength and stability way more than what one should expect in this price range. The table has a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs and height range from 4’10’ to 6’6” enabling a wide range of users to use it comfortably. The burgundy color backrest of this table is absolutely a delight to the eyes.
- Height: 57 inches
- Width: 27 inches
- Length: 46.6 inches
- Weight: 55 lbs
Why we love the Exerpeutic Stretch 300 Inversion Table?
- Price: The Exerpeutic Stretch 300 Inversion has some really excellent features even though it is priced low. The table is made of a heavy duty frame whose strength is reflected by the maximum weight of capacity is 300 lbs.
- Backrest: The table has vinyl covered, 0.75-inch soft foam backrest that provides comfort and stability to the head while inverting. The rich burgundy color of the backrest makes it look great as well.
- Ankle locking system: The table uses a pull pin ankle release system. The ankles are secure and comfortable due to the ankle cushion and foam roller. The table has easily adjustable height and ankle setting.
- Handlebars: The ergonomically designed extra-long handles with foam cover help in coming to the upright position easily. The long handle design is usually not used by manufacturers like Teeter. Majorly the rotation during inversion session is controlled by how you distribute your weight and height setting you keep.
- Storage: The frame of this table is not heavy hence not difficult to move around. It can be folded and set up again quickly by using a ring pin.
- Assembly: This table is fairly easily to assemble as it comes with all the tools you need. The user manual has clear instructions and diagrams that assist you. It will essentially take less than 90 minutes for you to completely assemble the table.
- Tether strap: The table has an adjustable tether strap that helps you to adjust the various inversion angles safely. The strap connects the front U-frame and back support. You can invert it up to 180 degrees on this table.
Why it’s not the best buy
- Some users have complained that the ankle holder is a bit discomforting, although this can be tackled by wearing shoes and socks.
- Exerpeutic 300 is a great buy for its price. The table is sturdy and safe to use due to its heavy duty steel frame. It can be used to get relief from chronic pain. The wide range of height and weight capacity makes it a comfortable use for a variety of users.
|Price||Click here to check the lowest price for Teeter EP-560 Ltd Inversion Table|
|Pros||Ergo-Embrace ankle support, Comfortrak bed, non-skid stabilizers, easy assembly|
|Final verdict||Teeter tables are the only ones that have surpassed the minimum safety requirements as per a report by Dynamark Engineering. The EP-560 Ltd table is of premium quality and is rock solid. The table can be used by a variety of users within the height range of 4’8″ to 6’6″ and a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs|
EP-560 Ltd is a part of Teeter’s ComforTrak Series. Often users are concerned about the difference in EP-560 and EP 960. The EP 960 cost a few dollars more and has some additional features like extended handle ankle lock system. The table has a 5-year warranty which is amongst the highest in the market. Teeter tables are the only ones with UL 1647 (Underwriter Laboratories) certification which guarantees strength, safety, and endurance. The table can be used by a variety of users within the height range of 4’8″ to 6’6″ and a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs.
Product features (In-use):
- Height: 86 inches
- Width: 28.8 inches
- Length: 84 inches
- Weight: 58.6 lbs
Why we love the Teeter EP-560 Ltd Inversion Table?
- Ankle support: The table has Ergo-Embrace Supports which surrounds the ankle and distributes the weight evenly around the heels and the feet. The ergonomically molded heel cups have replaced the foam rollers that was present in the EP-550 model.
- Stabilizers: The table has non-skid stabilizers on the frame’s corner for maximum stability
- ComforTrak Bed: The comfortrak bed is made of injection-molded plastic, unlike most padded backrest. This makes the bed much lighter. You can insert the 4 Acupressure nodes anywhere on the bed pressure for the spine. The table has a foam pillow attached with a Velcro for head support. The side handles on the bed allow for greater body motion range. Since the bed is made of plastic, you can slide down for additional stretching.
- Assembly and Storage: The table is mostly pre-assembled and takes less than 30 minutes to assemble. It has a user manual with clear steps and graphics, and a DVD with 5 additional back routines. The table can be easily folded for storage by simply pulling the spring loaded pin and sliding the height adjusting shaft into the backrest frame.
- Handles: The table has extra-long Stretch Max handles for assistance during inversion.
- Rotation adjustment: The roller hinges helps in deciding the rate of rotation. For a more responsive table set the roller hinge closer to the pivot point. The safety strap connected to the U-bar under the table helps in restricting the inversion angle.
Why it’s not the best buy:
- The machine is sturdy and that’s why some users find it difficult for storage.
- The pin to adjust the ankle cups is located low because of which the users have to bend down significantly.
- Teeter tables are the only ones that have surpassed the minimum safety requirements as per a report by Dynamark Engineering. The table is of premium quality and rock solid. The table can be used by a variety of users within the height range of 4’8″ to 6’6″ and a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs.