The dream of a perfect body is always at war with the temptations of a cheesy burger, isn’t it?It’s now time for a truce! Playing peacemaker is Fitard, a fitness app that motivates its users to adopt a fit, active and healthy lifestyle by engaging them in competitions and offering rewards. Read on!
Story of Fitard
A brainchild of Shubham Goyal and Pankaj Singh Bora, Fitard aims to deal with the everyday lack of motivation to continue fitness routines, says CEO, Shubham.
Shubham, an alumnus of IIT Roorkee, left his job as an executive at BHEL and moved to Mumbai to joinMovinCart as a Lead Android Developer. He met Pankaj, who founded TrustyDeal and then worked as a Senior Developer at TinyOwl. Over many discussions about problems of the masses in general, they realisedthat a majority of themwant to remain fit but are not enough motivated to continue with a steady routine.
Both started digging the motivational angle of fitness. They began with morning surveys to understand better what kept the Mumbaikar motivated to stick to a fitness plan. The answer? Competition. Turns out, the title of a win is a positive reinforcement and keeps the people pushing harder. Armed with this informaton, Fitard was born.Soon they were also joined by their business head, Prashant Chourasia and there has been no looking back.
How does it work
- Tracking: The App tracks users steps automatically. Users earn points (fitcoins) based on the number of steps
- Redeem rewards: Users can redeem these fitcoins from 40+ reward partners across different verticals. Rewards can be freebies or heavy discounts on various products and services.
- Public challenges: Users can participate in Public Challenges like marathons and if they come up as winners, they get rewarded.
- Private challenges: Users can create fitness challenges with their friends/ colleagues/ family, and watch their progress while cheering and motivating each other.
- Buzz: In this section of the app the users can access content related to health, fitness and wellness.
The company charges its reward partners for marketing, brand building and customer acquisition. As for you, it is completely free!
Currently bootstrapped, this startup has over 750daily active users withover 6500downloads and around 40reward partners across India.
Their major reward partners include FreshMenu, Truweight, HealthyWorld.in, True Elements, Fiticket, Lybrate, Hola Chef, Azani, Dance With Madhuri, Zimmber, Yumist, PharmEasy, LiveYourSport.com, Flyrobe, GetLook, MyGlam, Lean Body Meals, Foodport, Mink, Pep Salons, 1800 Sports, Being Juliet etc.
A reward bigger than fitting into the old jeans. We are taking this up right away, are you?
Check out this video for better understanding of the app