Schwinn 170 is a great buying option for both, beginners as well as advanced level users. The bike boasts of 25 levels of Eddy Current brake resistance, 29 present workout program, and 4 user setting. Like most Schwinn equipment you can track various workout metrics like speed, distance, time, calories burned and heart rate. The blue backlit LCD displays up to 13 different feedbacks of your workout.
|Price||Click here to check the lowest price for Schwinn 170 Upright Exercise Bike|
|Pros||Dual blue backlit LCD display that shows you up to 13 different feedbacks of your workout, 4 different user setting, 29 diverse workout programs, 25 different levels of eddy current resistance|
|Cons||Only has 2-year mechanical, 1 year electrical and 90 days labor warranty|
|Final Verdict||With the use of magnetic (eddy current) resistance and high-end console features, Schwinn 170 improves your cardiovascular health and increases your fitness levels by leaps and bounds.|
The high speed and high inertia weighted flywheel, along with the magnetic resistance make sure your workout is virtually noiseless. Schwinn 170 provides you a low impact cardiovascular workout experience at an affordable price. Schwinn dominates the outdoor and indoor bikes market, read our review to find out if Schwinn 170 lives up to the expectations or falls short.
- Length: 41.3 inches
- Width: 21.4 inches
- Height: 55.6 inches
- Weight: 62.8 lbs
- Maximum user weight capacity: 300 lbs
Why we love the Schwinn 170 Upright Exercise Bike?
- 29 workout programs: Schwinn 170 comes with 29 different workout program options for you to choose from. Out of the 29 programs, 12 are profile, 9 are heart rate, 2 fitness test, 4 custom and 1 each of quick start and recovery test. Out of the 9 heart rate programs, 4 are for beginners, 4 for advanced users, and 1 custom.
- Great price: The Schwinn 170 is worth every dollar you pay. At an affordable price, Schwinn provides its users with great tracking and console features, which most machines in this price range miss. Case in point is Nautilus U616, which has similar features as the Schwinn 170 and yet costs a few hundred dollars more.
- Body: The machine has a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs which reflects on its excellent sturdiness. It has 2 integrated levelers and a solid steel frame that provide for a stable and a solid workout experience. It has a 3-speed fan for keeping you cool during your workout. The equipment also has 6 LED tracking lights and an oversized water bottle holder. The adjustable handle bars have a forearm rest for a comfortable riding position.
- Tracking features: One of the best parts of Schwinn equipment is that they come with great tracking features. The machine has dual blue backlit LCD display that shows you up to 13 different feedbacks of your workout. The machine’s handles have a heart rate grip for monitoring your heart rate zone. With the SchwinnConnect you can export, track, and measure various data points like calories burnt, elapsed time and distance traveled, via USB transfer. It is also compatible with MyFitnessPal.
- User setting: The machine comes with 4 different user setting option unlike most machines in the market that give 2 users setting only. This makes sure each member of your family can customize their individual workout sessions.
- Storage and assembly: Schwinn does not ship its products directly and uses other distribution networks. It is an easy-to-assemble machine and most users have reported that it takes less than 2 hours to completely assemble it. Like any other home fitness equipment though it’s important to read the instructions and follow them carefully even if that means taking longer to finish the assembly. Most machines make squeaky noises or suffer wear and tear due to poor assembly. If you are not confident about your assembling skills, it is always better to take professional help for a few dollars more. Also, it has transportation wheels which make it easy to move around.
- Resistance levels: Schwinn 170 has 25 different levels of eddy current resistance. The high speed and high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel along with the magnetic resistance make your workout virtually noiseless and smooth. The magnetic resistance also reduces the cost of maintenance. The machine has 10 quick keys that enable you to change the difficulty of your workout quickly and easily.
- Pedals: Schwinn 170 has oversized pedals with adjustable straps for comfort and stability. The three-piece design of the pedals allows users to customize it according to their comfort levels.
- Entertainment features: Schwinn 170 has sealed acoustic chamber speakers for you to enjoy your music while working out. It has a USB charging port that can be used to charge your devices while you are working out. It also has a media shelf to safely hold your device.
Why it’s not your best buy
- Although the machine has a 10-year warranty on the frame, it only has 2-year mechanical, 1 year electrical and 90 days labor warranty. A lot of its contemporaries in the market provide a lifetime warranty on the frame.
- Like most indoor fitness equipment, this machine is heavy and has a big surface area. So you will not be able to store it in a compact space.
- Some users have complained that they have received the bike with some broken parts hence it is suggested that you buy it from reputed sellers only.
One of the deal winners for us is that Schwinn offers diverse products in the mid-price range with great computer features. These features are usually seen in high-end machines. With the use of magnetic (eddy current) resistance and high-end console features, Schwinn 170 improves your cardiovascular health and increases your fitness levels by leaps and bounds.
It is always good to purchase a mat if you want to protect your flooring. You can buy Supermats Heavy Duty PVC for Spin Bikes 24×46 inches Mat. It can be purchased from Amazon itself.