The Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike is, not surprisingly, one of the best-selling high-end bikes. Its padded contoured seat and ventilated seat back make your workout extremely comfortable. The equipment’s single piece frame along with 2 integrated levelers make it extremely sturdy. It is a great buy for both beginners as well as advanced level users. The equipment boasts of 29 different workout programs and a dual blue-backlit LCD display that shows up to 13 different feedbacks of your workout.
The high speed and high inertia weighted flywheel, along with the magnetic resistance make sure your workout is virtually noiseless. Schwinn 270 provides you a low impact cardiovascular workout experience at a great price.
|Price||Click here to check the lowest price for Schwinn 270|
|Pros||Padded seat bottom, contoured leg area, large vented seat back, dual blue backlit LCD display, easy walk through frame, 25 different levels of eddy current resistance|
|Cons||Only has 2-year mechanical, 1 year electrical and 90 days labor warranty, light weight flywheel, poor packaging|
|Final Verdict||Schwinn 270 is a great buy if you are looking for a low-impact machine that can be used by various family members, it is not suitable for very intense cardio session though.|
The only real competition that Schwinn 270 has is the Nautilus R616 model. Read our review of Schwinn 270, after months of research and testing, to know if it is worth your investment.
- Length: 64 inches
- Width: 27.7 inches
- Height: 49.9 inches
- Weight: 86.6 lbs
- Maximum user weight capacity: 300 lbs
Why we love the Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike?
- 29 workout programs: The Schwinn 270 comes with 29 different workout program options for you to choose from. Out of the 29 programs, 12 are profile, 9 are heart rate, 2 fitness test, 4 custom and 1 each of quick start and recovery test. Out of the 9 heart rate programs, 4 are for beginners, 4 for advanced users, and 1 is custom.
- Comfortable and adjustable seat: A lot of users usually feel extremely uncomfortable on cycling seats, the Schwinn 270 is a great option for such users as it has a padded and contoured seat. Additionally, the padded seat bottom, contoured leg area and large vented seat back make your workout session very comfortable. The aluminum slider seat rail system has a quick lever system that helps you do fore and aft seat adjustment easily.
- Body: The machine has a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs which reflects on its excellent sturdiness. It has 2 integrated levelers, solid single piece frame and a large mid-frame support that gives an incredibly stable and a solid workout experience. It has a 3-speed fan for keeping you cool during your workout. The equipment also has 6 LED tracking lights and an oversized water bottle holder. Its 3-piece oversized pedals along with toe straps make it very comfortable to a variety of users as it can be customized according to your foot size.
- Tracking features: One of the best parts of Schwinn equipment is that they come with great tracking features. The machine has a dual blue backlit LCD display that shows you up to 13 different feedbacks of your workout. The machine’s handles have a heart rate grip for monitoring your heart rate zone. With the SchwinnConnect you can export, track, and measure various data points like calories burnt, elapsed time and distance traveled, via USB transfer. It is also compatible with MyFitnessPal.
- User setting: The machine comes with 4 different user setting option unlike most machines in the market that give 2 users setting only. This makes sure each member of your family can customize their individual workout sessions.
- Walk-through design: Schwinn 270 has an easy walk-through frame, without any bar coming between the chair and you.
- Resistance levels: The machine has 25 different levels of eddy current resistance. The high speed and high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel along with the magnetic resistance make your workout virtually noiseless and smooth. The magnetic resistance also reduces the cost of maintenance. The machine has 10 quick keys that enable you to change the difficulty of your workout quickly and easily.
- Entertainment features: Schwinn 270 has sealed acoustic chamber speakers with amazing sound quality for you to enjoy your music while working out. It has a USB charging port that can be used as well to charge your devices while you are working out. It also has a media shelf to safely hold your device.
- Storage and assembly: Schwinn 270 recumbent bike is an advanced piece of equipment and requires time to assemble. Most users take about 2 hours to fully assemble the machine. Schwinn provides a fully illustrated user manual that demonstrates the entire assembly process step by step.
Why it’s not your best buy?
- The flywheel of the machine weighs only 17 lbs, this amount of weight is good for toning the body but not great for an extremely intense cardio workout session.
- Some users have complained that they receive equipment which was not well packaged and had some broken parts. Although Schwinn has a great customer service team, it is suggested you order your equipment from a reliable seller.
- Although the machine has a 10-year warranty on the frame, it only has 2-year mechanical, 1 year electrical and 90 days labor warranty. A lot of its contemporaries in the market provide a lifetime warranty on the frame.
- Schwinn has dominated the fitness cycles market for a century now and rightly so with its high-end console features and sturdy equipment. Schwinn 270 is a great buy if you are looking for a low-impact machine that can be used by various family members, as it is not suitable for a very intense cardio session though.
- Like most Schwinn equipment you can track various workout metrics like speed, distance, time, calories burned and heart rate on Schwinn 270. The blue backlit LCD displays up to 13 different feedbacks of your workout. Overall it’s a great option if you are looking for equipment to tone your body.