Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine is a great buy if you love to track your workout. The machine has 2 LCD displays that allow you to monitor 13 different feedback parameters of your workout. You can track your distance, time and calories burnt and then transfer these metrics to SchwinnConnect via USB. The machine comes with 20 different resistance levels which are computer controlled, providing you with greater workout intensity options. The machine has a media shelf as well as a charging port to help you keep your electronics charged.
|Price||Click here to check the lowest price for the Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine|
|Pros||22 different workout programs, 20 levels of resistance, Workout data tracking features, magnetic resistance, center support and oversized crossbar tubing for stability, sturdy.|
|Cons||Only 2 year mechanical, 1 year electrical and 90 days labor warranty, The incline of this machine needs to be changed manually so you have to stop your workout every time you want to increase or decrease it|
|Final Verdict||Even though it costs a few hundred dollars lesser than Schwinn 470, it has almost similar features. With the use of magnetic (eddy current) resistance, high-end console features, Schwinn 430 is giving higher end models a run for their money.|
- Length: 70.1 inches
- Width: 28.2 inches
- Height: 63.2 inches
- Weight: 168.7 lbs
Why we love the Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine?
- Body: The machine has a maximum user weight capacity of 300 lbs, which indicates that it has a sturdy frame. The oversized crossbar tubing, 2 integrated levelers, and center frame support provide great stability to the machine. Moreover, the company provides a 10-year warranty on the frame. It also comes with an acoustic chamber sound system for enjoying music while you are working out.
- Flywheel: The machine has a high speed and high inertia, weighted flywheel. This makes the motion smooth. Additionally, it has an adjustable 3-speed fan and a water bottle holder.
- Price: The machine is in the affordable price range. For its price, it comes with great durability and computer console features. With Schwinn’s brand name, you are assured of a product that is value for every dollar you spend.
- 22 different workout programs: One of the most notable features of this equipment is the wide range of pre-set workout programs. There are 9 profile programs, 8 heart rate programs, 2 fitness tests, 2 custom and 1 quick start.
- Tracking features: In its price range, this piece of equipment has one of the best tracking features. You can track and monitor up to 13 different feedbacks of your workout. The console allows for customizations for 2 different users, so your partner and you can use the console independently. The machine has heart rate grip in its handlebars to track your heart rate zone. The console displays a variety of information like time, distance, pulse, speed, calories, resistance level, heart rate zone indicator, intensity meter, and user Indicator.
- Footplate and Stride: The machine has large and cushioned footplates which make the workout low impact. The maximum height of the footplate is 21 inches. The machine has a 20-inch stride, which makes it comfortable for use to even tall users. The equipment has a 10-degree manual ramp range with 6 different positions.
- Assembly and movement: The machine can be assembled in less than 1.5 hours. It is very helpful to get another pair of hands to help make the process faster. It is partially assembled and comes with a fully illustrated manual and tools needed to assemble. The machine has transportation wheels, which help you to move it around easily after your workout.
- Resistance levels: The equipment has 20 different levels of eddy current resistance. It has 10 quick keys that help you change the resistance easily. The magnetic resistance makes sure there is no friction which makes sure the machine has less maintenance cost and is relatively quieter.
Why it’s not your best buy
- The incline of this machine needs to be changed manually, so you have to stop your workout every time you want to increase or decrease it. Further, the incline can go up to only 10 degrees, while some of its contemporaries can go up to 20 degrees.
- Although the machine has a 10-year warranty on the frame, it only has 2-year mechanical, 1 year electrical and 90 days labor warranty. A lot of its contemporaries in the market provide a lifetime warranty on the frame.
- Some users have complained of squeaky noise from the machine, but this is most probably due to incorrect assembly. The company has also mentioned in the user manual to use silicone spray for lubricating the moving parts.
Schwinn has rightly dominated the fitness and bikes market in the last couple of decades. It has introduced users to types of equipment that provide for a high-intensity workout and at the same time enable them to track their fitness goals. Even though it costs a few hundred dollars lesser than Schwinn 470, it has almost similar features. The major difference being that Schwinn 470 has 4 user settings and Schwinn 430 has 2 user settings, so as long as there are 2 or less than 2 people using the machine Schwinn 430 is your ideal buy.
With the use of magnetic (eddy current) resistance and high-end console features, Schwinn 430 is giving higher end models a run for their money. So if you are serious about improving your cardiovascular health and increase your fitness levels by leaps and bounds then Schwinn 430 is one of the best choices out there.
Use silicone spray on the roller bars for routine maintenance and to avoid squeaky sounds from the moving parts.