Schwinn 470 is an ergonomically designed elliptical machine with 4 user profile setting. The machine has a lot of features similar to the Schwinn 430 elliptical and that’s why it important to compare the 2 products before buying. In this review, I will first take you through the different features of Schwinn 470 and then compare it with the Schwinn 430.
The machine has total 29 different workout programs for different fitness goals and stages like recovery, beginners and advanced. It has 25 different eddy current resistance levels that you can choose from to change the intensity of your workout. The main addition to the 2017 model is Bluetooth service for transferring your workout data points.
|Price||Click here to check the lowest prices for Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine|
|Pros||Dual blue backlit LCD display that shows you up to 13 different feedbacks of your workout, 4 different user setting, 29 diverse workout programs, 25 different levels of eddy current resistance|
|Cons||Incline can be adjusted only up to 10-degree, Only has 2-year mechanical, 1 year electrical and 90 days labor warranty|
|Final Verdict||With the use of magnetic (eddy current) resistance and high-end console features, Schwinn 470 improves your cardiovascular health and increase your fitness levels by leaps and bounds.|
- Length: 70.1 inches
- Width: 28.2 inches
- Height: 63.2 inches
- Weight: 164 lbs
- Maximum User Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
Why we love the Schwinn 470 Elliptical Machine?
- Tracking features: One of the best parts of Schwinn equipment is they come with great tracking features. The machine has dual blue backlit LCD display that shows you up to 13 different feedbacks of your workout. With the SchwinnConnect you can export, track, and measure various data points like calories burnt, time and distance. It is also compatible with MyFitnessPal. Although the machine is compatible with a chest strap heart rate monitor, it needs to be purchased separately.
- User setting: The machine comes with 4 different user setting option unlike most machines in the market that give 2 user settings only. This makes sure each member of your family can customize their individual workout sessions.
- 29 Workout programs: The machine offers 29 diverse workout programs for you to choose from. Which includes 12 profile programs, 9 heart rate control programs, 4 custom user defined programs, 2 fitness tests (1 beginner and 1 advanced), 1 recovery test and 1 quick start. Out of the 9 heart rate programs, 4 are beginner level, 4 are advanced level and 1 custom.
- Body: The machine has a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs which reflects on its excellent sturdiness. It has 2 integrated levelers and a center frame support that provide for a stable and a solid workout. Additionally, the oversized crossbar tubing further increases the stability. The machine’s static handlebars have a heart rate grip for monitoring your heart rate zone. While the moving handlebars enable you to find a comfortable hand position while working out. It has a 3-speed fan for keeping you cool during your workout. The equipment also has 6 LED tracking lights. It also has a water bottle holder.
- Storage and assembly: Schwinn does not ship its products directly and uses other distribution networks. It is an easy-to-assemble machine and most users have reported that it takes less than 2 hours to completely assemble it. Like any other home fitness equipment though it’s important to read the instructions and follow them carefully even if that means taking longer to finish the assembly. Most machines make squeaky noise or wear and tear due to poor assembly. If you are not confident about your assembling skills, it always better to take professional help by a few dollars more. The machine has transportation wheels to help you move it to the corner after use.
- Footplates and stride: Schwinn 470 has a 20 inches long Precision Path stride. It has a 10-degree motorized ramp range with 6 different positions to make your workout more intense and challenging. The footplates are large and cushioned to provide you comfort and low impact workout.
- Resistance levels: The machine has 25 different levels of eddy current resistance. The high speed and high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel along with the magnetic resistance make your workout virtually noiseless and smooth. The magnetic resistance also reduces the cost of maintenance. The machine has 10 quick keys, 5 for incline and 5 for resistance. This helps you change your incline and resistance quickly.
- Entertainment features: Schwinn 470 has acoustic chamber speakers for you to enjoy your music while working out. It has a USB charging port that can be used to charge your devices while you are working out. It also has a media shelf to safely hold your device.
Why it’s not your best buy?
- Although the machine has a 10-year warranty on the frame, it only has 2-year mechanical, 1 year electrical and 90 days labor warranty. A lot of its contemporaries in the market provide a lifetime warranty on the frame.
- Like most indoor fitness equipment the machine, this equipment is heavy and has a big surface area. So you will not able to store it in a compact space.
- Although Schwinn 470 has an automated incline capability, it can be adjusted only up to 10-degree. While this incline and 25 levels of resistance are more than enough to challenge most users, there are certain contemporaries in the market that offer incline up to 20-degree.
What are the major differences between Schwinn 430 and Schwinn 470?
|Features||Schwinn 430||Schwinn 470|
|Resistance levels||20 Levels of Eddy Current brake resistance||25 Levels of Eddy Current brake resistance|
- One of the deal winners for us is that Schwinn offers diverse products in the mid-price range with great computer features. These features are usually seen in high-end machines. With the use of magnetic (eddy current) resistance and high-end console features, Schwinn 470 improves your cardiovascular health and increase your fitness levels by leaps and bounds.
- The maximum height of the footplate is 21 inches. To calculate the minimum ceiling height simply add the height of the footplate to your height, plus a couple of more inches for comfortable clearance.
- Use silicone spray on the roller bars for routine maintenance and to avoid squeaky sounds from the moving parts.